Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Baby's day out!


Last week we decided to venture out of our house! We usually go out almost every day but that is mostly to run errands, grocery shop, swim class, etc. not just for fun so this was a real treat for me. We went to lunch at Pita jungle (YUM) and did a little shopping at Nordstrom Rack (YESSSS). 


Hunter had his lunch on the go. (He for some reason hates to be held when getting his bottle, I think he is so used to nursing that if he's being held he thinks it's to nurse, since we supplement at each feeding this is how he gets his bottle now a days). The restaurant was a lot for Hunter he's not used to all the loud noise.  One great thing about sleep training is they can sleep so well at home but he has a hard time sleeping public. 


Enter first public meltdown. 


The poor guy got so overwhelmed and overtired that he began to melt to down in the middle of the restaurant. Worse mom of the year! 


I took him outside and rocked him for about five minutes where he fell asleep. I was able to go inside and place him in his car seat where he finished out the remainder of his nap and I got to enjoy some lunch, so that was a nice gift.


He woke up 30 minutes later as usual and we headed up to Nordstrom rack. I got a killer leather skirt that's darling and got a cute long sleeve shirt for the little guy! We were only at Nordstrom rack for about half an hour and then decided to head home. He did well the rest of the trip and we made it home for his 4:00pm feeding. 


Lessons learned? Wait until after the baby has napped to go put in public so he does not have a meltdown and become overtired since he has such a hard time sleeping in public.


I was cracking up the other day when my husband saw a small baby sleeping in his mother's arms in public, he looked at me and said "what's wrong with that baby?" I said "what do you mean?" ..."why's that baby sleeping?" I laughed and explain to him that that's what most babies do when they are tired they close your eyes go to sleep! They usually don't have bad FOMO like our little guy! :) xoxo-B

No comments:

Post a Comment