Saturday, May 31, 2014

Tip from my home to yours: Tease me, Please!

Who doesn't like BIG, BEAUTIFUL HAIR? I know I do! But it took a bit of practice for me to learn how to TEASE (or "back comb")  my hair. So I want to share with you what I've learned about BIG hair!


First, there are a few tools you will need to start out with: A teasing comb and some killer hair spray

Here are a few of my favorites (click the link above to order these products):
After you have styled your hair (straightened, blow-dried or even curled) you can begin the teasing!

It is important to take the hair section by section. Take the Comb and brush short strokes up and down the hair section without removing the comb from the hair (this can cause breakage)

After the first section is backcombed, spray a few spritzes of your favorite strong hold hairspray right at the root of the hair for maximum hold!

Move onto the next section until all the necessary layers of your hair is teased! 

I usually only tease the top of hair, the left (and right) side hair, and the crown hair (you can tease the lower layers of your hair if your hair is pretty thin):
FYI...you may need to gently comb your hair afterwards (don't brush the tease out) but comb the top layer of your hair to smooth out any flyaways.
Sorry Jessica B...love you, hate your flyaways!




So Full and Bouncy!

Some more Big "Hairspiration" for you...





The bigger the hair, the closer to God ;)